Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 4...

I guess I would consider the yard sale a success. It turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous day despite the looming fact of Hurricane Earl. We couldn't have asked for a better day. The turn out was ok too. We didn't have an ideal location, but the weather was on our side. Maybe Labor Day weekend is too late in the season for a yard sale?

I started the morning with $21.00 and some loose change, maybe two or three dollars worth and by one o'clock I had $44.95. So, according to my calculations and rounding to whole numbers, 45 minus 23 is 22, which means I have $11.00 to spend. I will save the other $11.00 plus the $21.00 that was in my wallet to begin with. At the end of Day 4, my savings is $32.00 and I have $11.00 to spend. Not too bad for only four days into my adventure. I think I will buy Sunday morning luxuries like the Sunday paper, and some orange juice.

Other benefits to the yard sale are clean closets and charitable donations. We ended up going to both The Salvation Army, and Goodwill. The Salvation Army would not take toys or stuffed animals but Goodwill takes just about anything. Oh yeah, this was a multi-family yard sale, so the net profit for everyone involved was over $100.00. Just thought I would add that in because $22.00 is not a great total for five hours of work.

Next step eBay auctions...free listings until September 7th!  It must be an omen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment