Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 2...

The second day proved to be a little more difficult. I found myself once again stuck in old habits, perusing eBay mid-afternoon and checking out my watch list. Two items I bid on before I started my spend fast had ended, and luckily for me I didn't win either of them. I need to add some excitement to this challenge, so I can stick to it. Sort of like a diet, I need motivation and rewards. I have always been a sucker for instant gratification, hence the shopping habit, although I do take pride in finding ridiculously cheap bargains.

Rule #3

I may participate in yard sales, consignment sales, and eBay sales. If I sell any items, I can spend half of the profit (wisely of course) and I must save the other half.

I like this rule. I figure it is a win/win situation. It will help me start a small savings, which is one of the benefits I hoped to gain from this challenge.  And it will also allow me to buy gas and groceries from profit, hopefully resulting in a net gain at the end of 30 days. I will go through my stuff and get rid of the things that need to be getting rid of.

So...Yard Sale, 9/4, 8-1, Rain or Shine :)

1 comment:

  1. grammy always told me to save half a spend half.

    ReplyDelete