Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tomorrow is a new day!!!

Thank you to all my family, friends, and anyone else who is taking the time to read my blog. Today is my first post! This blog is meant to keep me accountable for some of the things I have lost control of in my life, i.e. my shopping and spending habits!!! Also, it is meant to help motivate some of the people I know who want to start a blog but haven’t. Come on, you know who you are. You can do it! Everyone else is, so why not you?

My mission: To not spend any money for the next 30 days.

For those of you who know me, you know this will be quite a challenge. Of course there are a few rules. After some logical thinking I knew it would be impossible to not spend money on gas or groceries over the next 30 days so…

Rule #1
Acceptable items to purchase:
1. gas
2. groceries

(In an effort to not spend any money in the first five days I have prepared myself by filling my tank today.)

What I hope to accomplish over the next 30 days is not only a budget and small savings, but also an awareness of where my money actually goes every month and what it is being spent on. I have been sucked into American Consumerism at it’s best. Handbags, watches, sunglasses, designer jeans, mocha lattes and small lap dogs are just to name a few.

Hi, my name is Jenn, and I’m a shopaholic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment